Friday, January 18, 2008
Morning Sickness Sucks
Well for me it's more like all-day sickness which is even worse. Here's an analogy that I think most of you (if you haven't been pregnant before) can relate to - you know how you feel the day after you went binge drinking the night before. Your stomach is in knots, you don't want to eat or think about food but if you can manage to eat anything you do feel a little better but the queasiness still stays with you for a few hours. Well that's how I feel 24/7 - it sucks! People tell me I'll start feeling better in the next 2-3 weeks but right now that's still a long time to feel like shit everyday. =(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have heard different theories about morning sickness. One being that some of it is associated with peaks and valleys of blood glucose... which makes the mornings worse because you've been sleeping all night without eating. I don't know if this will work, but maybe try eating something bland and calming like a few saltines right when you wake up.... I mean even before you get out of bed. Just keep a few at the bedside. Then take small sips of whatever you drink throughout the day, and snack on fresh stuff like crispy apples or whatever you like. The point being that you might have more relief if you "graze" all day rather than make yourself fill your belly with big meals, and eating a lot of small meals keeps your blood glucose at a more constant level. This is just a theory that heard about in my maternity nursing class. I have no idea if it will really work, but it couldn't hurt to try right? Good luck. ~Latrice
Post a Comment